Even though the price of crude oil on the international market has been going up and down, prices for gasoline and diesel in the United States have stayed the same. All of the other states except Maharashtra changed the price of oil three months ago.
Petrol-Diesel Price Today, August 24: Despite the ups and downs in the price of crude oil on the international market, petrol and diesel prices in India stay at the same level. Except for Maharashtra, the price of oil changed in all other states three months ago. On May 22, the central government gave a big relief to the people by cutting the excise duty on the price of oil.
The most recent price of crude oil, which fell below $90 per barrel on the last day, showed that crude oil prices are still going up. The price of WTI crude reached $93.52 per barrel on Wednesday morning. At the same time, Brent crude was seen going up to $100 per barrel. At the beginning of July, the Shinde government of Maharashtra helped the people of the state by lowering the prices of petrol and diesel by Rs 5 and Rs 3, respectively.
When the Modi government cut excise duty on May 22, petrol became Rs 8 cheaper and diesel became Rs 6 cheaper. Almost immediately after this, some state governments also lowered VAT. By giving relief on VAT, the Maharashtra government made gasoline 5 rupees and diesel 3 rupees cheaper.
Read More: Is there a romance between Shubman Gill and Sara Tendulkar? A comprehensive photo history of the pair.
Today’s price in your city (Petrol-Diesel Price on 24th August)
- Petrol in Port Blair is Rs 84.10 and Diesel Rs 79.74 per liter
- Delhi Petrol Rs 96.72 and Diesel Rs 89.62 per liter
- Mumbai Petrol Rs 111.35 and Diesel Rs 97.28 per liter
- Chennai Petrol Rs 102.63 and Diesel Rs 94.24 Per Ltr
- Kolkata Petrol Rs 106.03 and Diesel Rs 92.76 Per Ltr
- Petrol in Noida Rs 96.57 and Diesel Rs 89.96 per Ltr
- Petrol in Lucknow is Rs 96.57 and Diesel Rs 89.76 per Ltr
- Petrol in Jaipur is 108.48 Rs and diesel Rs 93.72 per liter
- Petrol in Thiruvananthapuram Rs 107.71 and diesel Rs 96.52 per liter
- Petrol in Patna is Rs 107.24 and diesel Rs 94.04 per liter
- Petrol Rs 97.18 and diesel Rs 90.05 per liter in Gurugram –
- Petrol in Bengaluru is Rs 101.94 and diesel Rs 87.89 per liter
- Petrol in Bhubaneswar Rs 103.19 and diesel Rs 94.76 per liter
- Petrol in Chandigarh is Rs 96.20 and diesel Rs 84.26 per liter
- Hyderabad Petrol Rs 109.66 and Diesel Rs 97.82 per liter
How to Check Petrol-Diesel
Rate Oil companies offer a way to check the latest price of gasoline and diesel by text message. Indian Oil (IOC) customers can check the rate by sending RSPdealer code> to 9224992249. HPCL customer SMS HPPRICE <dealer code> to 9222201122 and BPCL customer RSP<dealer code> to 9223112222.