With Indian Railways and IRCTC’s new Tatkal Ticket Booking option, you won’t have to worry about getting confirmed train tickets again.
Tatkal Ticket Booking: When using Indian Railways, you must purchase a pre-booked ticket in advance. However, if you find yourself needing to travel by train at the last minute, you have two options: buy a seat at the station or use IRCTC or the counter to purchase Tatkal tickets. The chances of getting a Tatkal ticket confirmed are slim to none, as it may be on the Waitlist or RAC at the time of purchase. Changes have been made to the way confirmed train tickets can be booked by IRCTC and Indian Railways. In this article, we’ll tell you how to avoid any issues with Tatkal Rail Ticket Booking and secure a confirmed train ticket.
Read More: Ban on Chinese Smartphones: The Indian government can ban Chinese smartphones that cost less than Rs 12,000
Latest ticket booking rule
IRCTC, like Indian Railways, is constantly tweaking the ways in which passengers can purchase train tickets. IRCTC has made yet another significant change to ensure that purchasing tickets are as simple as possible for its customers. Keeping up with the latest rules is critical for travelers due to the frequency with which IRCTC and the Railways make changes.
Keep track of time
To ensure that you get a confirmed Tatkal ticket, you must be on the right side of the clock when booking. Reservations for AC Tatkal Tickets and Sleeper Class Seats begin at 10 a.m. local time each day. As long as you buy your Tatkal tickets at the right time, you won’t have any issues, but if you wait until the last minute, you may have to deal with issues.
How to book a Tatkal Ticket?
- Before booking Tatkal Ticket, keep your travel list ready
- This will help you not to enter the details of passengers again on the IRCTC website
- Once the travel list is ready, you can save it and keep it
- After this, as soon as the booking starts, you just have to go to confirm button
- As soon as the travel list is selected, the details of all the passengers will appear itself
- Now the payment option will come in front of you
- After this, here you can use UPI, Credit / Debit Card to make payment.