How to Link PAN-Aadhaar: To link Aadhaar and PAN, from July 1, you will have to pay Rs 1000. This rule is applicable till 31 March 2023.
PAN-Aadhaar Linking: Nowadays Aadhar Card and PAN Card have become the two most important documents. It is not easy to do any work without these two documents. Aadhar card is an important ID proof document, whereas PAN card is used for all important financial works. According to the rules of Income Tax, it is very important to link PAN card and Aadhar card.
If any person has not linked both of them yet, then get them linked as soon as possible. Till June 30, 2022, you can link Aadhaar and PAN with lesser fine (PAN-Aadhaar Card Link). From July 1, you will have to pay double the fine for this work. According to the rules, till March 31, 2022 by the Income Tax Department, people could link their PAN and Aadhaar for free. After this, by June 30, you can link Aadhaar and PAN by paying a fine of Rs 500.
To do this work from July 1, you will have to pay 1000 rupees. This rule is applicable till 31 March 2023. So let us tell you about the process of linking Aadhaar and PAN (PAN-Aadhaar Card Link Process) and how to deposit its fee-
The link status and method of linking PAN and Aadhar is as follows-
- Visit the Income Tax Department website https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/portal.
- Next select the Link Aadhaar option.
- After this, to see the status further, you enter the details of PAN by clicking on Click Here.
- If you see PAN link with Aadhaar, then you have PAN and Aadhaar linked. If it is not there, then you have to link it.
- Go to the website of https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home and select the option of Link Aadhaar.
- After this, you will be asked for Aadhaar details, after which you select the OTP option.
- Next, an OTP will come on the registered mobile number, enter it.
- After this, your PAN and Aadhaar will be linked as soon as the fine is paid.
Process to pay the fine for linking PAN-Aadhaar-
- https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp Click on Protean.
- Here in Linking Request, click on CHALLAN NO./ITNS 280.
- After that select the Tax Applicable option.
- You will have to pay a fine of Rs 500 by June 30.
- Select the mode of payment of the penalty.
- Further, make the payment through Net Banking Process or Card Mode.
- Enter PAN Number and Assessment Year.
- Enter captcha.
- PAN and Aadhaar will be linked as soon as you click on the submit option.