- Refund status can be checked by Indian taxpayers after 10 days of filing an ITR.
- You can check your ITR refund status by logging into the e-filing portal for federal and state income taxes.
New Delhi: This year’s income tax return (ITR) filing deadline has now passed, and individuals who filed their ITR for FY 2021-22 have either received or are awaiting their refund. In any case, taxpayers who have to have their ITRs audited must do so no later than October 31, 2022.
Read More: ITR for FY 2021-22 was filed? If you want to get your ITR refund, here are five things you need to know about ITR refunds:
It is possible for those who have already filed their ITRs for AY 2022-23, but who have not yet received their ITR refunds for excess taxes paid in FY 2021-22, to check the status of their ITR refunds online if their returns have not been audited.
Taxpayers in India can check the status of their ITR refund within 10 days of filing an ITR. If you haven’t received your ITR refund yet, you can check the status of your refund online by logging in to the income tax e-filing portal.
At the income tax e-filing portal, you can check the status of your ITR refund by entering your acknowledgment number:
- Log in using the following link: https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/login;
- Log in with your User ID and Password.
- Navigate to ‘My Account and select ‘Refund/Demand Status.
- Select ‘Income Tax Returns’ from the drop-down menu, then click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Select your acknowledgment number;
- A new page will open with all of your ITR details, including the date of issuing a refund.